Fulham v Reading - Fascinating Facts
Craven Cottage is the venue, this Saturday, for the first-leg of the play-off semi-final against Reading.
Ahead of the game we`ve cobbled a few facts together that might fascinate you.
• In the Championship fixture between the two sides, at Craven Cottage, Fulham emerged 5-0 victors, more of the same please.
• Reading in the last 5 Championship fixtures against Fulham, have lost 3 and drawn 1 and won 1, the victory coming in the home fixture this season whereby they won 1-0.
• If Fulham are to get promotion they`ll need to buck the trend that has seen the team that has finished 6th in the Championship, only win the play-offs on 1 occasion in the last 11 seasons, that being Blackpool back in 2009 / 2010.
• This will be Fulham`s 1st play-off campaign since the unsuccessful one during Kevin Keegan`s tenure as manager when we crashed out at the hands of Grimsby in a third-tier semi-final.
• Reading will be competing in their 6th play-off campaign and have never achieved promotion via the play-offs.
• Fulham go into the play-offs on a good run of form, winning 5 and drawing 1 of their last 6 games.