Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday March 8 2010
Fulham`s Mark Schwarzer and Roy Hodgson have been rewarded for an unbeaten run in the Barclays Premier League by being named Barclays Player and Manager of the Month for February 2010.
Hodgson`s team ended the month with three wins and two draws from their five games. Home wins against Portsmouth, Burnley and Birmingham City coupled with draws away to Bolton and Sunderland moved Fulham up to ninth in the Barclays Premier League. Schwarzer, played a massive role in securing an unbeaten month as he let in only one goal in five matches, the goal coming in the 2-1 win over Birmingham.
This is the fourth time that Roy Hodgson has won the Barclays Manager of the Month award, and the second time this season. Schwarzer meanwhile picks up his first Barclays Player of the Month award in a career spanning over 13 seasons in the top flight.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROY HODGSON: FEBRUARY BARCLAYS MANAGER OF THE MONTH:
· Roy Hodgson was born on 9TH August 1947 in Croydon, London
· Hodgson spent his early coaching career in Sweden and won the Swedish title twice with Halmstads BK before moving to Bristol City in 1982
· Hodgson then returned to Sweden, leading Malmo FF to five consecutive Allsvenskan league titles as well as two Swedish cups
· After a spell in charge of Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax, Hodgson took over the reins of the Switzerland national team and guided the club to the 1994 World Cup where they were eventually knocked out by Spain in the last 16
· Italy provided Hodgson`s next destination as he guided Inter Milan to the UEFA Cup final in 1996-97, before he returned to England to manage Blackburn Rovers. After a successful first season in which he won two Barclays Manager of the Month awards and guided Rovers into Europe, Hodgson was dismissed shortly into his second season in charge of the club
· Spells in charge of Inter, UAE and Finland amongst others followed before Hodgson once again returned to the Barclays Premier League to take charge of Fulham in December 2007. After guiding the Cottagers to Barclays Premier League safety in the 2007/8 season, Hodgson inspired the side to their highest ever finish in 2008/9, ensuring qualification for the UEFA Europa League
· Roy Hodgson`s 2009/10 Barclays Premier League record reads: P28, W10, D8, L10, Pts 38
MARK SCHWARZER: FEBRUARY BARCLAYS PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
· Mark Schwarzer was born on 6TH October 1972 in Sydney, Australia
· Schwarzer began his career with the Marconi Stallions in the Australian National Football League before moving to Germany to play for Dynamo Dresden and then Kaiserslautern
· He made the move to England with Bradford City in Division One, before moving to Middlesbrough to play in the top flight in 1997
· Schwarzer spent 12 seasons with Middlesbrough, making over 350 appearances and winning the League Cup in 2004 and narrowly missing out on UEFA Cup glory in 2006
· Roy Hodgson signed Schwarzer for Fulham in the summer of 2008 following his release from Middlesbrough
· Schwarzer quickly established himself as first choice keeper at Craven Cottage and played every minute of the 2008/09 season, helping to guide Fulham to a best ever 7th place finish in the Barclays Premier League
· Schwarzer was awarded the Fulham Fans` Player of the Season award for 2008/09 for his contribution to the side`s Europa League qualification
· Mark Schwarzer`s 2009/10 Barclays Premier League record reads: P28, W10, D8, L10, Pts 38
Date:Monday March 8 2010
At Last a Win! (Sunday December 8 2013)
Fullham Drawn Away to Norwich (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Fulham v Aston Villa (Sunday December 8 2013)
Fulham 2 Aston Villa 0 (Sunday December 8 2013)
Fulham v Villa - Starting XI`s (Sunday December 8 2013)
Keep Berbatov (Friday December 6 2013)
Stats: Fulham v Spurs (Thursday December 5 2013)
Meulensteen`s View - Spurs (h) (Thursday December 5 2013)
Riise Now Wants to Stay! (Thursday December 5 2013)
Berbatov Does Want Out (Thursday December 5 2013)
|17. West Ham||15||3||4||8||-6||13|
|19. Crystal Palace||15||4||1||10||-12||13|
|Will Arsenal Still Top The League In January?
» Man City : 11/12/2013 08:33:00
|Building a Squad
» Spurs : 11/12/2013 08:18:00
|Dortmund Hint at Chelsea Target Exit
» Chelsea : 11/12/2013 07:38:00
|Goal Shy Strikers!
» Chelsea : 11/12/2013 07:36:00
|Poyet After a New Keeper?
» Sunderland : 11/12/2013 05:55:00
» Man City : 10/12/2013 21:39:00
|Rate The Players: Swansea City 1-1 Hull City
» Swansea : 10/12/2013 21:14:00