Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has landed the Barclays Manager of the Month award for October after guiding the Cottagers through an unbeaten month despite a tricky Barclays Premier League fixture list.
Hodgson`s charges kicked off the month with a 2-2 draw at West Ham United and were only denied three points by Hammers` striker Junior Stanislas` last-gasp equaliser. This was followed by a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Hull City before the team came back from two goals down to secure an excellent draw away at Manchester City.
Fulham completed the month with a fine 3-1 victory over Liverpool, a win that saw the club move into mid-table and away from the relegation danzer zone.
This is the third time that Roy Hodgson has won the Barclays Manager of the Month award and comes almost 12 years since he last scooped the prize in December 1997, while manager of Blackburn Rovers. He also won the award in August 1997.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROY HODGSON: OCTOBER BARCLAYS MANAGER OF THE MONTH:
· Roy Hodgson was born on 9TH August 1947 in Croydon, London
· After a low-profile playing career, Hodgson spent his early coaching career in Sweden and won the Swedish title twice with Halmstads BK before moving to Bristol City in 1982
· Hodgson then returned to Sweden, leading Malmo FF to five consecutive Allsvenskan league titles as well as two Swedish cups
· After a spell in charge of Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax, Hodgson took over the reins of the Switzerland national team and guided the club to the 1994 World Cup where they were eventually knocked out by Spain in the last 16
· Italy provided Hodgson`s next destination as he guided Inter Milan to the UEFA Cup final in 1996-97, before he returned to England to manage Blackburn Rovers. After a successful first season in which he won two Manager of the Month awards and guided Rovers into Europe, Hodgson was dismissed shortly into his second season in charge of the club
· Spells in charge of Inter, UAE and Finland amongst others followed before Hodgson once again returned to the Barclays Premier League to take charge of Fulham in December 2007. After guiding the Cottagers to Barclays Premier League safety in the 2007/8 season, Hodgson inspired the side to their highest ever finish in 2008/9, ensuring qualification for the UEFA Europa League
· Roy Hodgson`s 2009/10 Barclays Premier League record reads: P10, W4, D2, L4, Pts 14
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Fulham Linked with Former Ipswich Player (Friday May 22 2015)
Wallace Not Coming! (Friday May 22 2015)
Fulham Duo Make International Squad (Wednesday May 20 2015)
A Familiar Face Might Be Back in West London! (Tuesday May 19 2015)
Stafylidis Returns to Germany (Monday May 18 2015)
Fulham Interested in Dunk (Sunday May 17 2015)
Fofana`s not Coming Back! (Sunday May 17 2015)
Bring Brede Back! (Sunday May 17 2015)
A Prisoner in West London? (Saturday May 16 2015)
Christensen Not Interested in Villa Move! (Saturday May 16 2015)
|15. Leeds Utd||46||15||11||20||-11||56|
|McClaren - Will He Won't He?
» Derby County : 23/05/2015 16:16:00
|Russell On Promotion Disappointment
» Derby County : 23/05/2015 16:11:01
|Grabban In Contention
» Norwich : 23/05/2015 16:00:00
|Grigg Offer Declined?
» Brentford : 23/05/2015 15:57:01
|Bidwell Reflects On Pleasing Season
» Brentford : 23/05/2015 15:53:01