Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has landed the Barclays Manager of the Month award for October after guiding the Cottagers through an unbeaten month despite a tricky Barclays Premier League fixture list.
Hodgson`s charges kicked off the month with a 2-2 draw at West Ham United and were only denied three points by Hammers` striker Junior Stanislas` last-gasp equaliser. This was followed by a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Hull City before the team came back from two goals down to secure an excellent draw away at Manchester City.
Fulham completed the month with a fine 3-1 victory over Liverpool, a win that saw the club move into mid-table and away from the relegation danzer zone.
This is the third time that Roy Hodgson has won the Barclays Manager of the Month award and comes almost 12 years since he last scooped the prize in December 1997, while manager of Blackburn Rovers. He also won the award in August 1997.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROY HODGSON: OCTOBER BARCLAYS MANAGER OF THE MONTH:
· Roy Hodgson was born on 9TH August 1947 in Croydon, London
· After a low-profile playing career, Hodgson spent his early coaching career in Sweden and won the Swedish title twice with Halmstads BK before moving to Bristol City in 1982
· Hodgson then returned to Sweden, leading Malmo FF to five consecutive Allsvenskan league titles as well as two Swedish cups
· After a spell in charge of Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax, Hodgson took over the reins of the Switzerland national team and guided the club to the 1994 World Cup where they were eventually knocked out by Spain in the last 16
· Italy provided Hodgson`s next destination as he guided Inter Milan to the UEFA Cup final in 1996-97, before he returned to England to manage Blackburn Rovers. After a successful first season in which he won two Manager of the Month awards and guided Rovers into Europe, Hodgson was dismissed shortly into his second season in charge of the club
· Spells in charge of Inter, UAE and Finland amongst others followed before Hodgson once again returned to the Barclays Premier League to take charge of Fulham in December 2007. After guiding the Cottagers to Barclays Premier League safety in the 2007/8 season, Hodgson inspired the side to their highest ever finish in 2008/9, ensuring qualification for the UEFA Europa League
· Roy Hodgson`s 2009/10 Barclays Premier League record reads: P10, W4, D2, L4, Pts 14
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Passley in Trouble at Portsmouth (Monday March 30 2015)
Fulham to Get Shot of Stekelenburg (Monday March 30 2015)
A Ray of Sunshine on the Horizon! (Friday March 27 2015)
Fulham Fined £20,000 (Friday March 27 2015)
Fulham Sign Duo Before Loan Window Closes (Thursday March 26 2015)
Fulham Tried for Blackett (Wednesday March 25 2015)
Loan Spell for Amorebieta (Tuesday March 24 2015)
Fulham Interested in McCarthy? (Monday March 23 2015)
Fulham Charged by the FA! (Monday March 23 2015)
Woodrow Receives Call-Up! (Monday March 23 2015)
|LUFC Four see red as Eire claim last gasp draw
» Leeds Utd : 31/03/2015 20:44:01
|RUFC - Reserves Get Away Draw
» Rotherham : 31/03/2015 20:11:00
|LUFC Double blow for Cook
» Leeds Utd : 31/03/2015 19:51:01
|LUFC Leeds Midfielder having trial with Scunthorpe
» Leeds Utd : 31/03/2015 19:06:00
|Countdown To Bournemouth Showdown Begins!
» Ipswich : 31/03/2015 18:28:00