Fulham - Relegation Fire Sale
Let me extend my condolences to West Brom, Middlesbrough and Newcastle fans.
I`m sure this is a depressing time for them all. Not trying to pile on or make light of the heartache that they must be feeling right now, but their situations will undoubtedly provide opportunities for other clubs to strengthen their squads.
Why not Fulham?
If rumors are to be believed, Newcastle are facing the sale of most of their 1st team squad. Collectively, the squad was terrible, but individually, there`s some talent there. Middlesbrough were just too young and could not score goals. The squad features a number of good, young players. 'Boro may be taking many to Championship with them, but some will inevitably look to remain in the top flight. West Brom were a team built to win the Championship and subsequently return to it. They did not take much risk when it came to spending money on proven talent. They tried to do the best they could with what they brought with them, and though they played attractive football, the Premiership demands more.
So, without further ado, who would you like to see in Fulham kit next season? Keep in mind, we`re not likely to land someone like Michael Owen or Stewart Downing (not that we`d want either), so I`m not including them in my list. Here are my choices in order of interest:
1. Tuncay Sanli (Don`t know if we could afford him, but pure quality. (Lucky to get him!)
2. Sebastian Bassong (Couldn`t go wrong with this kid!)
3. Obafemi Martins (Love to have him. Probably can`t afford him. Predict
he`ll be in Serie A next season.)
4. Matthew Bates (Can play central, fullback and midfield. Probably going to West Ham.)
5. Adam Johnson (An actual left winger.)
6. Gianni Zuiverloon (Great tackler. Good backup for Pantsil.)
7. Jose Enrique (Better than Konchesky.)
8. David Wheater (Not the best footwork, but an imposing player.)
Most of these guys are younger players, which is something we need to focus on. If I remember correctly, our average age is one of, if not the highest in the league.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.