Fans concern grows for Fulham
A fans poll has revealed the worries of Fulham fans as the season's end approaches.
The poll conducted by Fulham fans on www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk has proved conclusively that the majority of Whites fans are concerned about the club's league position.
The poll asked: ‘Will Fulham have to fight for premiership survival?' Your response was overwhelming and, if you support the West Londoners, a bit worrying.
Of the votes that we received, 60% of you believe that Fulham face a tough battle in the closing stages of the season to avoid relegation in comparison to the 40% who believe Fulham are too good to go down.
But let's look at the facts and decide that for ourselves.
• Fulham have lost five of their last six league games.
• The Whites are lying in 16th in the Premiership only eight points clear of Birmingham, who also have two games in hand.
• Fulham have shipped 12 goals in their last three league games, or going further back, 19 in their last six league games.
• You would have to go back to the end of January to record The Cottagers last clean sheet at home to Tottenham when they won 1-0.
• Fulham have only managed to come away from five league games this season (Tottenham inclusive) with a clean sheet.
• They are playing Chelsea at home on Saturday, and on present defensive form, Chelsea have to be favourites to win it, meaning Fulham would have lost five games in a row and will only have seven games to pick up their season.
Tough times could lie ahead for Coleman and his players; let's hope they can sort themselves out. Nobody expected to see them get relegated this season and by all accounts nobody wants to see it happen either. Coleman must pick up the pieces and replace his defence with a brick wall. Not even that might be enough to stop Chelsea on Sunday.