Confidence Boosters for Saturday?
If you are looking for good omens with regards to us getting the three points available on Saturday, perhaps the following may boost your confidence.
- We've not lost at home to Bolton for close to eighteen years. The last occasion Bolton Wanderers inflicted a defeat on us on our own soil was way back on 21st November 1992. Anyone care to recall how old or what they were doing back then?
- You have to go back even further, a staggering fifty six years, to find the last time Bolton Wanderers beat us on our own patch in top flight football, the date, on that occasion, being the 11th April 1952. Anyone care to recall what they were doing on that particular day?
- Since achieving top flight status, Bolton Wanderers are the team against whom we have scored the most Premier League goals, a very healthy twenty-one.
- Bolton have yet to score away from home this season in the Premier League. (What do you mean they've only played once?)
- Fulham have yet to concede a goal at home in the Premier League this season. (What do you mean they've only played once?)
On the down side though:-
- Bolton on their last three trips to London have returned north with a point after securing draws against West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea