Writer: Site Staff
Date:Tuesday August 5 2008
Our football mates at fourfourtwo have come out with a great new interactive system where the people that count - the fans - can rate their team and other teams players.
We at Vital are all about fans opinions as our regulars will know, so it seems an ideal system for Vital to promote. fourfourtwo have also linked to Vital as they see us as a great voice for the fans, which is also why we are so heavily featured in their new biggest ever pre-season edition, in the shops now. Within the season preview supplement you will find the opinions of our editors for the fans view. You will also see Vital Football sites within the club pages of talentspotter, you didn't think we'd be missed out did you?!?
WARNING: Talentspotter is as addictive as Vital is!!!
So what is Talentspotter?
The system consists of a database of every professional footballer in Britain which gives FourFourTwo`s expert opinion on the player, allows fans to rate and comment on those players. These ratings form the Hotlists, the backbone of the site, which display up-to-the-minute information on the best and worst players as voted by fans. It is new so there are players to be added or removed from squad lists but it looks to us that it will be a favourite destination for many football fans!
• Rate players
• Comment on players
• Research players, getting up-to-date ratings from real fans and comments from the people who watch them play every week
• See up-to-the-minute lists of the highest-ranked players by division, position, skills and overall
• Scout for players by position, particular skills or a combination
• View every team`s squad, fixtures, results and filter the players by different skills to see who`s best at, eg, heading or passing.
• Collect points for rating and commenting. The 'Top Spotters` with the most points win prizes.
Main areas of the site:
1) The Hotlists
A series of lists updated live showing the Top 50 highest-rated players:
• By league
• By position (goalkeepers, defenders, etc)
• By skill (passing, heading, etc)
2) Player Profile Pages
Each player page features:
• Player photo
• Name, age, club, position, nationality, current rank
• 100-word FourFourTwo profile
• Feature allowing users to instantly rate the player from 1-10
• Detailed rating feature - heading, tackling, etc
• A ranking graph that illustrates how their ranking has gone up/down
• Detailed statistics from Opta about the player
• Fantasy Football stats
• User comments
3) Team pages
Page for each club featuring:
• Star performers: the team`s best player in each position
• Squad list allowing players to be sorted by attributes - eg heading/goalscoring/overall rating
• Links to last opponents and next opponents
4) Top Spotters
• Users earn points for rating (1 pt) and commenting (3 pts)
• The users with the most points win weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes, as well as fame on the website
5) Go Scouting
• Detailed facility allowing users to find potential players for their team by specifying: position, age, nationality, skills, etc
Because they value our opinions as real fans of the game, FourFourTwo are asking Vital Football users to tell them how the site could be better. If there`s anything you think would improve it, or anything you just can`t stand, email them: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date:Tuesday August 5 2008
What Do You Make of It? (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Wonderful Copenhagen (Monday September 1 2014)
Riise Gets Cypriot Deal (Monday September 1 2014)
It Was But a Fleeting Stay! (Sunday August 31 2014)
The Only One? (Sunday August 31 2014)
Stats: Fulham v Cardiff (Sunday August 31 2014)
Fulham v Cardiff Team-Sheets (Saturday August 30 2014)
Striker Coming? (Saturday August 30 2014)
How Dare Magath Round On Al Fayed? (Friday August 29 2014)
Fulham Draw Doncaster in 3rd Round (Thursday August 28 2014)
|18. Leeds Utd||5||2||0||3||-5||6|
|What Do You Make of It?
» Fulham : 02/09/2014 07:45:00
|Louis Thompson Signs
» Norwich : 02/09/2014 07:23:00
|Hooiveld Joins on loan
» Norwich : 02/09/2014 07:19:00
|LUFC On This Day - September 2nd
» Leeds Utd : 02/09/2014 07:02:00
|Surman: I'm really pleased with move
» Bournemouth : 02/09/2014 07:00:00